How we raise money
Trustees do not receive payment for expenses incurred during HOWS events. We raise funds in six different ways:
- We ask swimmers to register for each swim. Currently the registration fee is £10 and this money is allocated to Highland Openwater Swim and set against our expenses.
- We ask swimmers to also make a charitable donation. Similar commercial swim events typically charge £60-£80 a swim. We describe ours as ‘entry by voluntary donation, give what you can afford’.
- We run raffles at each swim, with bought and donated prizes, the proceeds of which are allocated to Highland Openwater Swim.
- We have an online store selling branded products, the proceeds of which are allocated to Highland Openwater Swim.
- We apply for and have received grant funding.
- We also accept donations directly to Highland Open Water Swim via our website or our Facebook page (without registering for an event).
Financial review 2018
|BALANCE (31st Jan 19)||£10,309.66|